Wayne-White Counties Electric Cooperative participated in the NWTF’s Energy for Wildlife program which helps the utility industry manage millions of miles of private rights-of-way and other lands they own that could potentially provide ideal habitat for a number of wildlife species.
The Program Helps
- Develop credibility for vegetation/wildlife management programs
- Receive technical assistance with vegetation and wildlife issues
- Receive assistance with state and federal lands issues
Members & Volunteers
- Work toward increasing public hunting access
- Gain corporate cooperation with private lands management
- Recieve assistance on technical vegetation/forestry/wildlife management problems
- Assist with other cooperative programs including Farm Bill programs
Managing these properites provides great habitat for wild turkeys. Several species currently at risk from loss of open habitat also benefit from the program.