Water heating is the second-largest energy expense in most households, accounting for around 18% of the power bill. That means the type of water heater and how you use it is very important. Water heaters and heat pump water heaters have come a long way in efficiency standards. New energy-efficient storage water heaters contain high levels of insulation around the tank to reduce standby heat loss, and heat pump water heaters, like your heat pump HVAC unit, utilize the air around them to heat your water. Both can save you up to $550 a year.
We understand cost is always a factor when upgrading your equipment so Wayne-White Electric would like to help you with that by providing an incentive rebate. Simply fill out the application in its entirety and send it in with your invoice noting manufacturer/brand, model #, and cost of your new water heater and proof of your water heater’s UEF rating.
We also suggest checking out the Illinois Home Energy Rebate Programs website for more information on tax credits and their upcoming energy efficiency incentive programs.
- Must be installed in a home served by Wayne-White Electric.
- Limit of two (2) rebates allowed per member account per useful life of rebate equipment.
- Minimum UEF rating of greater or equal to 0.90.
- Must submit signed application with itemized invoice/receipt and proof of UEF rating.
- Wi-Fi unit must be built into the water heater when purchased and not a stand-alone equipment piece.
- Incentive amount cannot exceed 50% of equipment cost.
- Please review the complete list of 2024 Residential Water Heater Terms Conditions (PDF)
- $500 – Heat Pump Water Heater
- $200 – Wi-Fi enabled electric storage water heater