The smaller Marathon units will cost approximately 2 to 3 times more than a basic steel water heater of the same size. That is not a real comparison though, as you are comparing a lifetime warranty product that is super insulated, against a 5 or 6 year warranty product with minimal insulation. Remember that the Marathon tank will not leak or rust, while your steel tank will eventually fail and you will be installing another tank soon....it's just a matter of time.
Marathon Water Heaters
- Marathon water heaters are also insulated much better than standard metal-tank water heaters.
- The 4 inch of foam inside the perimeter creates a "thermos" effect, keeping the water hotter, longer. (This will reduce the amount of times that the unit will need to run in order to keep water heated)
- The elements in a Marathon are also superior to any metal tank water heater.
- The top element in a Marathon is copper, while the bottom element is Titanium, which is more more resistant to hard water and sediment.
Wayne - White Member Rebates
There are no longer any rebates on Marathon Water Heaters.
- There are only rebates on the purchase of Hybrid Water Heaters (Heat Pump) such as A.O. Smith, Richmond, & Rheem, which you can buy at Lowes, Menards, Winnelson, or Home Depot.
- The rebate check on a hybrid water heater is $500.
Metal tank water heaters today are made of very thin, flimsy metal which will usually rust out in 6 or 7 years. The Installation process for the Marathon is no more and sometimes less than for steel units.
- The fittings are the standard ¾ inches that you are used to.
- You should also hook it up to a 30-amp breaker using 10 gauge wire.
- Consult the owners manual after purchase for proper installation instructions.
We do not have many problems with Marathon water heaters, but we do stock thermostats and elements in the event that you have an issue down the road.
- Plastic tanks have a Lifetime Warranty
- Elements and thermostats have a 6-year warranty
- Only the 30, 40, 50 gallon models feature the "No Leak" Lifetime tank warranty