Reporting Power Outages
24-hour Emergency Dispatch Service
Call 618-842-2196 or Toll-Free at 1-888-871-7695 to report power failures
If your power goes off, we offer these suggestions:
1. Check the fuses or circuit breakers in your service panels. If you have breakers, make sure they are in the "ON" position.
2. If you have a meter pole, check the main breaker panel just below the meter socket. If the breaker is in the "OFF" position, check all of your wiring from the meter pole to your various buildings. If the wiring appears to be okay, reset the breaker to the "ON" position.
3. If you still do not have power, check with your neighbors to see if they have power. Can you see lights on nearby?
4. To report a power failure or other emergency, please phone 618-842-2196 or Toll-Free at 1-888-871-7695 These phone numbers are monitored around the clock, 365 days per year by our Answering Service. Therefore, you will almost always have a live person to accept your outage and emergency calls. Our Answering Service knows our service area extremely well. They will alert the proper linemen for the specific area that is affected.
5. Please be prepared to give the monitoring service/dispatcher the account name, location number and account number as it appears on your electric billing statement. You will be asked to provide your telephone number in addition to the other information.
24-hour emergency dispatch service to
If you depend on Life-Support Equipment. . . We Need to Know!